Passion and Purpose – How to Find These Must-Have Ingredients in Life and Work
Live with passion, work on purpose. Working from our “why” drives energy, conviction, and perseverance, key ingredients for any worthy endeavor in life. This lofty ideal is well worth the effort to attain, though many people make the mistake of looking for it in the wrong places. And many people walk through life haunted by the seeming passivity of finding their purpose – and don’t realize that passion is the by-product of having done so. They look for their purpose in the most unsuitable areas. Purpose does not live where most believe it does – and learning where to look for it and unlock it opens a whole new vista of possibility and magic. When we find and then live our purpose, we come alive in the most powerful of ways, can touch others profoundly, and start to realize our most ardent dreams that let us live with true passion and work to make the impact worthy of our lives.
Alise Cortez Speaker Kit
Women Taking Charge of Their Lives and Leading Others
Be the leader who creates the future people want to live in – and that currently does not exist. Everyone benefits when women work to overcome real or self-imposed barriers to achieving what they most want in their lives and at work – their employers, children, significant others, community, and certainly themselves. You’ll become a leader when you determine as an individual what purpose you’ll have when you assume the role. There are countless examples of real, interesting, and inspiring women who have created a fulfilling life for themselves and who also impact their organizations and community through their leadership efforts – you can be one of them. Having a community of strong women enjoying their lives and making a difference is an essential ingredient for our self-realization and can be the impetus we need to contribute our best talents and leadership. Many women simply need a little inspiring nudge and then some connected camaraderie, and they’re on their way!
Enabling Engagement and Higher Performance
Every organization depends on the performance and innovation of its employees – in fact, its very lifeblood is at stake. But sometimes as an organization is experiencing growing pains or changes in leadership, employees can become misaligned from the mission. Or perhaps the culture of the organization no longer supports their best engagement and performance. This is understandable in these ever-changing economic times. The key to prosperity and success for all, though, is to restore that situation back to strong health, ASAP – before the employees get entirely disengaged and no longer perform at strong levels, or they entirely “check out” and leave the organization. Leaders, managers, and individual contributors alike can have an incredibly positive impact on engagement and performance – but they must be committed and empowered to doing so.
Modes of Engagement – Is Yours Working for YOU?
For some people, their work represents the gift of living and fully expressing their highest values and strongest skills, all the time. For others, work is a chore that must be endured to bring home a paycheck and support loved ones. And then there’s a large group all over the board between those two spectrums. But here’s the really amazing thing: many people have never considered that work can be something different than their own current experience of it. Yet, what we do for a living takes up a full third of our lives and has the promise to not only be incredibly personally fulfilling but also critically impactful to our organizations, communities, nation, and even the world. Each of us has the potential to do work that really matters to us and makes a difference to the world we live in. We need only discover our current connection to our work, consider what we really want it to be, and then work to bridge the gap if one exists.
The Culturally Savvy Workplace
In today’s uber-competitive international marketplace, understanding the importance of and leveraging a diverse workforce is critical to performance and success. And this goes for companies that only do business on a local basis as well as those that cast their marketing and sales efforts across a community, state, or national lines. Moreover, having a diverse workforce AND activating it to the fullest can be the very thing that keeps your organization in business and thriving. Diversity goes well beyond gender or ethnicity and includes such factors as professional experience, education, place of origin, and a multitude of other personally significant and defining factors that make individuals who they really are. Equally important is to enable and empower those employees to positively relate to and include one another. When companies succeed at both of these initiatives, they are well positioned to innovate, compete, and succeed.
Customized – Emcee or Retreat
Need an engaging, inspirational speaker or facilitator for your retreat or event? Alise LOVES doing this – and your group and effort will be more energized and productive as a result. Call us and let’s DO this thing!
Timely, provocative messages can be a powerful catalyst for motivation, change, and growth. Alise Cortez and Associates deliver communication that enlightens the mind, moves the spirit, and empowers people into purposeful action.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Texas Women Win – Top Women Nominees Celebrating and Planning, emcee and presenter, June 9-10, 2018 (Fort Worth, TX)
- Metroplex Area Consortium of Career Centers, Professional Development Day, The Magic of Living and Working with Passion and Purpose as our Guide, May 30, 2018 (Irving, TX) – https://www.maccc.org/professional-development-day
- Women of Visionary Influence, Wondrous Women with Purpose, Passion & Power Conference, Want to Live and Work from Your Purpose, Look from Not-So-Obvious-Places, May 19, 2018 (Richardson, TX) – http://www.wovi.com/2018-wovi-annual-conference/
- National Charity League, Living Life on Purpose, March 25, 2018 (Dallas)
- Texas Central, The Power of Authenticity, February 19, 2018 (Dallas)
- Lockton Women in Leadership, The Power of Authenticity, January 23, 2018 (Dallas)
- North Texas Commission LNT University, The Power of Authenticity, January 19, 2018 (Dallas)
- Leadership Women, Know Yourself, Know Each Other, and Know Your Strengths, March 4, 2018 (Dallas)
- Regional Leadership Forum, part of Society for Information Management, Making the Connection Between What You Do and Who You Are, October 26, 2017 (Dallas)
- Adkins Elementary School, Discover and Leverage Your Strengths at School, October 19, 2017 (Lantana, TX)
- Raytheon Women’s South Region, Are You Working on Purpose? September 29, 2017 (Plano, TX)
- National Charity League, Are You Working on Purpose?, September 25, 2017 (Dallas)
- The Asia HRD Conference, Strengths-Based Leadership, August 7, 2017 (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – http://hrdcongress.com/index.php/alise-cortez/
- Leadership Women / Leadership Pipeline 2017, What Kind of Leader Are You, July 28, 2017 (Dallas)
- Cornerstone Credit Union Women’s Leadership Conference, Women Taking Charge of Their Lives and Leading Others, July 25, 2017 (Dallas)
- Northwestern Mutual, The Power of Authenticity, March 23, 2017 (Dallas)
- Dallas Society for Women Engineers, The Key to Success and Sanity in the Workplace, March 21, 2017 (Dallas)
- Leadership Women / Leadership Texas 2017, The Power of Authenticity, March 5, 2017 (Dallas)
- Wise Women Power Conference 2017, Super Heroes Need Wing (Wo) Men, February 17, 2017 (Decatur, TX)
- Whitley Penn, The Power of Authenticity, June 20, 2016 (Dallas)
- Northwestern Mutual, The Power of Authenticity, May 17, 2016 (Dallas)
- Investment Professionals, Inc, The Power of Authenticity, April 13, 2016 (San Antonio, TX)
- Lockton Women in Leadership, The Power of Authenticity, April 12, 2016 (Dallas)
- Leadership Corpus Christi Alumni Association, March 29, 2016 (Corpus Christi, TX)
- Investment Professionals Inc., Strengths Based Teamwork, March 7, 2016 (San Antonio, TX)
- Full Force Foundation, Cultivating a Strengths-Based Life, March 7, 2016 (San Antonio, TX)
- Full Force Foundation, Cultivating a Strengths-Based Life, March 5, 2016 (San Antonio, TX)
- Women’s Leadership / Leadership Texas 2016, The Power of Authenticity, March 6, 2016 (Dallas)
- Full Force Foundation, Put Your Strengths to WORK, October 9, 2015 (San Antonio, TX)
- Regional Leadership Forum, part of Society for Information Management, Making the Connection Between What You Do and Who You Are, May 28, 2015 (Dallas)
- Investment Professionals Inc, Put Your Strengths to WORK, May 1, 2015 (San Antonio, TX)
- Full Force Foundation, Who are You and What are Your Stengths, May 2, 2015 (San Antonio, TX)
- Hockaday School, Who are You and What are Your Strengths, April 9, 2015 (Dallas)
- Beckloff Associates, Cultivating a Strengths Based Life, March 25, 2015 (Dallas)
- Canadian ISD, Cultivating a Strengths-Based Life, March 2, 2015
- Hockaday School, Who are You and What are Your Strengths, September 19, 2014 (Dallas)
- Midcourt Tennis Academy, Discover Your Strengths and Put Them to Work, September 3, 2014 (Dallas)
- Regional Leadership Forum, part of Society for Information Management, Making the Connection Between What You Do and Who You Are, August 7, 2014 (Dallas)
- Regional Leadership Forum, part of Society for Information Management, Modes of Engagement at Work, August 8, 2013 (Dallas)
- Lewisville High School/Aid Matrix, Discover Your Strengths – July 23, 2013 (Dallas)
- Whitley Penn, YOU Lead the Charge – Professional Women Driving Their Own Engagement – June 3, 2013 (Dallas)
- Wisdom and Wine, Discover Your Strengths – and Put Them to Work, November 12, 2012 (Dallas)
- Dallas County Schools, Keynote at Administration Annual Meeting, Choosing to Matter, September 6, 2012 (Dallas)
- Regional Leadership Forum, part of Society for Information Management, Modes of Engagement at Work, May 3, 2012 (Dallas)
- Society for Information Management, Regional Leadership Forum, Know Your Strengths – And Put Them to Work! Webinar, April 30, 2012 (Dallas)
- Dallas HR – Non-Profit and Public Sector Employee Relations Professional Emphasis Group, Engage and Retain Talent, April 19, 2012 (Dallas)
What will you do with your one, precious life? Full of “nexts,” you get to decide daily just what comprises this life of yours. It’s easy to get pulled down by the sheer momentum of everyday life. It takes dreaming about the life you want and all its “next steps” and...