Alise Cortez is a Development and Engagement Catalyst based in Dallas. She designs and delivers professional development, engagement, and leadership programs and consults with companies to develop leadership acumen and organizational effectiveness. Alise speaks on passion and purpose in work, cultivating the leader in you, and meaningful connection at work. She began her human capital career in 1998 as a staffing professional at Analysts International, corporate recruiting consulting at VoiceStream/T-Mobile, and HR System implementation and change management consulting at Hewitt Associates and PepsiCo. She co-founded and served as VP of Sales & Marketing at Improved Experience, a consulting firm that offered online feedback solutions and research for the HR and Recruiting industry. For more than a decade since, she has been focused on igniting meaningful development that increases employee engagement, inspired performance, leadership effectiveness, and retention within organizations.
After completing a Bachelors in Liberal Studies and a Masters in Liberal Studies (focusing on International Relations with South America), Alise earned a PhD in Human Development from Fielding Graduate University. Fascinated with how people choose and experience their careers, she focused her dissertation on meaning in work and its relationship to personal identity. Today, she is writing the results into a book her “15 Modes of Engagement” qualitative, post-doctoral research she conducted on 115 professionals aged 18 to 80 across multiple industries.
Alise’s residence in Spain and Brazil in the early 1990s, and diverse travel throughout Western Europe, South America and some of Asia, serve as cultural and diversity complements to her university instruction. These life experiences help inform her perspective and approach to working with people and organizations. She is conversationally comfortable in Spanish, Portuguese, and enjoys some utility in French and Italian. American born, she also proudly considers herself a citizen of the planet and revels that her work takes her across the globe. She also serves as Adjunct Faculty at the Southern Methodist University in the Communications Department and does so in part to stay connected to the Millennial generation to help them and their first employers effectively interface with each other.
Alise is a Humanistic/Positivist psychology-educated professional, a perspective which emphasizes individuals’ inherent drive toward self-actualization and a perpetual process toward realizing and expressing one’s own capabilities and creativity. She endeavors to continually work toward realizing her own potential and absolutely delights in guiding and inspiring clients to do the same. She endeavors to enjoy a full life with frequent travel outside the US, hosting numerous and large gatherings with good food and beverage, and being an active leader in her Dallas community. Alise has served on the following Boards: YMCA at White Rock (past Chairman of the Board), Lakewood Service League (past President and fundraising Event Chair), Woodrow Wilson High School Community Foundation (past Needs Assessment Chair), Dallas Staffing Association (past VP of Professional Development and Diversity), and the Dallas Running Club (past Co-Race Director).
- Employee Engagement
- Effective Communication
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development
- Purpose Driven Initiatives
- Organizational Transformation
Why Choose Alise
- 20 years of experience in the human capital industry, including talent acquisition, employee learning and development, employee engagement, leadership development, and talent retention, and organizational transformation
- Speaking and program content based on her own extensive research
- “Down-to-earth” approachability and authentic connection with the audience
- Language talents in English (native), Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian
What Alise Cortez and Associates do / specialties
- Speaks to enlighten, enliven, and empower her audiences to go after the life and work they so deeply desire
- Catalyzes personal, professional, and leadership transformation that increases effectiveness, improves relationship for deeper connection, and increases the impact of results
- Procures and engages dynamic thought leaders on her radio podcast to help listeners across the globe more meaningfully and productively connect with their work
- Creates and provides useful and effective tools and resources that help people access possibility, growth, and higher levels of performing and leading
Certifications and Affiliations
What Clients Are Saying
Alise is a captivating speaker with outstanding insights about Employee Engagement. She’s a tireless and dedicated researcher who is able to present complex ideas in direct and understandable language. Her infectious energy and wisdom about human relationships is reflected in the great work that she does.Mark Snyder
If you’re looking for a motivational speaker for your event … or an invigorating bolt of lightning to inspire your team … no one I know “brings it” quite like Dr. Alise Cortez. If you want to inspire your team or audience with a deeper sense of purpose, and get people believing in not only their abilities to do ore, but increase their passion to DO more… then talk to Alise.
Quite possibly the sole catalyst in my drive to push forward and accomplish my current endeavors in the field of psychology. She is extraordinary with an uncanny ability to inspire and spark change. I highly recommend anyone in the position to witness her skills to do so!Kevin Hall
“I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with Alise Cortez for over a decade. Her ability to create new understanding in the management/leadership development arena and apply that into scintillating classroom experience is unparalleled! I highly recommend her and her work and partner with her at every opportunity!Michael Rochelle
Alise delivered an engaging and customized Keynote Speech to rejuvenate our group of dedicated career services professionals from the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex Area Consortium of Career Centers at the end of a long recruiting season. She inspired great discussion around the meaning of our work and generated a renewed mission for each individual to reconnect with their individual source of positive energy. Alise has a captivating spirit that is contagious. She was the best speaker for our professional development event.Alicia T. Love, M.A., M. Ed
Alise spoke at my firm’s women’s leadership group. Her topic of engagement and retention was spot on to what we needed and was delivered in a way that motivated everyone in the room. Alise is passionate about what she does and was relatable to various levels of professionals attending the program. She encouraged participation and got results, which is typically a challenge with a room full of accountants. I would highly recommend Alise as a presenter and would gladly bring her in for future programs.Susan Powell
Renaissance woman. Helping people. Intelligent radio discourse. Expert in a field of “Working on Purpose”. Multi-lingual, broad academic background, lived overseas. Impeccable style.Paul Garrett
Alise Cortez brought her strong presence and formidable skills to San Antonio. She moved the needle not only for the corporate side of things but impacted our foundation’s talented committee. She finished with a big bang by training a diverse group of youth at Restore Education, one of our preferred partners. I witnessed the awakening as it unfolded which was palpable not to mention the ROI it will bring on all three trainings! Thank you Alise Cortez you are a dynamo.Martha Barnes
Alise Cortez is also described as a social scientist, entrepreneur and business woman, champion of human potential, passion and purpose elicitor, curious traveler, a citizen of the planet, student of life, appreciator of distinctive diversity, mother of a phenomenal daughter, and renaissance woman.
- On Judy Hoberman’s Selling in a Skirt radio show: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/209-Selling-In-A-Skirt-27264195/episode/being-engaged-28581685/
- On Anna Scheller’s Black Belt Selling radio: https://www.annascheller.com/podcast/alise-cortez-interview-sales-and-talent-recruitment
- On Silke Schwarzkopf, Executive Producer / 2nd Act TV on You Tube: http://bit.ly/2mFn5Jc
- On Silke Schwarzkopf, Executive Producer / 2nd Act TV on You Tube http://bit.ly/2lz1zpd
- On Silke Schwarzkopf, Executive producer / 2nd Act TV on You Tube: http://www.2ndact.tv/2ndact.tv/Alise_Cortez_Seg3.mp4
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv21qz2XLTQ (7:40 video interview of me)
- A friend blogged about my leadership: https://onstageleadership.com/blog/2015/11/23/thankful-for-leaders-of-leaders/
- Same friend, different blog: https://onstageleadership.com/blog/2014/06/05/do-they-know/
- Irma interview with me on Strengths: http://www.rhgtvnetwork.com/media/311964
- Alise being interviewed – Exploring Life and Career Transitions: http://www.oneideaaway.com/tcv010-exploring-life-and-career-transitions-with-alise-cortez/
- Alise being interviewed: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/black-belt-selling/e/50428446?autoplay=true
- Alise being interviewed: https://www.hrexaminer.com/hrx-big-ideas-radio-episode-2-finding-meaning-in-work-with-alise-cortez-phd/
- Alise being interviewed about Working on Purpose: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/209-TalentTalk-27264179/episode/alise-cortez-and-edgar-papke-27505846/
- Alise Cortez being interviewed by Plaid for Women: https://podfanatic.com/podcast/plaid-radio-by-plaid-for-women/episode/plaid-radio-episode-6-dr-alise-cortez
- Alise Cortez speaking on Women Taking Charge of Their Lives (no audio): http://www.cornerstoneleague.coop/wlc_cortez.html
- Alise Cortez weighing in on Cover Letters: https://books.google.com/books?id=Rm55cbpOw-UC&pg=PT21&lpg=PT21&dq=alise+cortez&source=bl&ots=46TuDJbOYT&sig=Z6qLeiYh4m1cglYTtyO_PIDP7tQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHkLaGmtTZAhWk0YMKHSmcCSo4HhDoAQg3MAM#v=onepage&q=alise%20cortez&f=false